Thursday 31 January 2013

While We Have Oceans, Rivers That Bring Us To Life



  1. Jamie Woon - Spirits
    I have discovered my new music love of the year and rather than bands like last year, it is Jamie Woon, a solo artist whose album was released all the way back in 2011. I had only known his debut "Lady Luck" and after coming across it, explored the relms of Mirrorwriting to find some (or rather many) absolute gems. This is 100% my favourite as it has that other-worldly sort of vibe to it with the vocals that pose as instrumentals. 
  2. Jamie Woon - Blue Truth
    Yep, I couldn't resist another track but this new obsession has developed pretty rapidly. Blue Truth is actually a side release to the previous album, but happens to be another favourite of mine. I am hoping 2013 will be the year for new material to be released, in which case, I am ready to attend any gig possible. This song has everything that I love about the debut in it and I wouldn't want anything else.
  3. The Black Keys - Lies
  4. Bondax - Gold
    I thought I would slip this one in despite having first herd it tonight but it was an instant hit.
  5. Dido - Let Us Move On
    Yeah, I am pretty much just as shocked that Dido is back as the next person but I have always found her to be at her best when in combination with rappers (or rather just looking back to her collab with Eminem in Stan) but this just backs it up. I have been loving Kendrick Lamar since his debut and this verse doesn't disappoint. I am also interested to see what Dido releases next now that she has gone with the 2012-13 sound (can be found within Lana Del Ray, GOOD Music and The Neighbourhood) that seems to be everywhere yet is always great.
  6. Odezsa - Don't Stop
    One of those songs that could be on repeat for hours and you wouldn't even realise the song ever ended.
  7. Drake - Best I Ever Had
    Always a classic.
  8. Marris - Affairs
    I am really into DJ remixes this year. Be warned. 
  9. Kanye West - Roses
  10. Theme Park - Tonight
    I always thought they were a revamps Friendly Fires and this song produced by Friendly Fires' frontman, Edward Macfarlane, just proves it.

4 comments:

  1. great post *_* your blog is very lovely and interesting. im glad if you visit my blog,too <3 keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6/2/13

    I love Kanye West. I will have to check out Jamie Woon!xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments,

    Thi Lan: I will definitely check out your blog at some point this week :)
    Lucy: Nothing beats Kanye West but let me know what you think of Jamie Woon.

    Also, you are both welcome to suggest any songs for me to check out and possibly feature on this months playlist at the end of February.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice change to come across a music blog,will have to try these out!

    ReplyDelete